Tuition Programme [GHF]
Start - End Date
01 Feb 2023 - 31 Dec 2023
The volunteer tutor will give academic support by teaching, coaching and guiding the foster child in his/her academic subjects. In communicating with them, the volunteer also imparts and shares his knowledge and skills.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Must have relevant experience or be familiar with the new Pri/Sec school syllabus (Subject- English / Maths / Science / Chinese)
- Able to contribute at least 2hrs a week for at least 6 months.
- Have a friendly persona, patience, passion, willingness to teach and good communication skills.
- Volunteers willing to travel to the foster child will be matched according to their needs and can choose their area of preference.
Things to note:
- All applicants will go through mandatory screening and interviews, the whole process takes around 2-3 months. After signing up the centre will get in touch with you directly.
- The interview session will last about 1.5 hours. Please note that the interview would only be conducted via zoom or face-to-face (No.3 Lor Napiri) during office hours from Mondays to Fridays, 10 am to 630pm.
- The tutoring location varies and is catered to the foster child's needs. The volunteer tutor may need to travel to the foster child's residence to provide the tuition.