Befrienders For Families (BFF) is a volunteer-based program that supports and helps families who are reunifying after removal by child protective services and require help to prevent future removals.
1) Make an effort to understand and get to know their assigned family better over a 12 – 18 month period.
2) Meet the families 2 times a month and complete a simple form after each home visit.
1) Build relationships with families and children and be a consistent presence during this transition period.
2) Mobilise existing networks & resources to aid the family if there is a need.
3) Provide practical support and services for the family.
Commitment and Schedule
1) Minimum 18 Months.
2) Schedule: Flexible, with a minimum 2 monthly check-ins with the assigned family.
The Salvation Army would like to invite you to our upcoming "Befrienders for Families" sharing session on the 21st of October from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm, We would appreciate it if interested participants could RSVP by 11 October 2023 as there will be refreshments and beverages provided to all. Do feel free to RSVP with us or drop Eugene a call or text at 88062146 to find out more.
Placement takes approximately 3 months.
All interested volunteers are invited to attend a BFF briefing on 21 October 2023.
65 KALLANG BAHRU, S330065
The Youth Development Centre reaches out to latch-key young people from low to middle income families to guide them towards a more purposeful life.